While bed bugs may not pose the same level of health risk that many other insects do, they are a pest species that generates a lot of concern amongst the public. Much of the concern has to do with the idea of a bug hiding in your home and then coming out at night to feed on you. That is just a bit bothersome.
How do these bugs find their way into your home? They can get on your clothes and luggage in a variety of different settings and come home with you. Once they are there, they can spread throughout the home very rapidly, making them very difficult to get rid of. As their numbers increase and they begin to inhabit more parts of the structure, it will become an even tougher problem to address.
A bed bug infestation is almost impossible to treat without the assistance of a professional pest control service. If you have bed bugs, the team from Fischer has technicians who are certified for bed bug removal. We have the skills and the knowhow that is required for effective bed bug treatment.
Bed Bug Facts
One of the first things that you need to do in order to prevent and combat a pest like bed bugs is to learn a little bit more about them. Here are a few facts that can help you to gain a better understanding of these bugs and the potential for infestation.
- Bed bugs can be found in all 50 states
- They can live at temperatures that range from close to freezing, all the way up to temperatures that exceed 120 degrees
- Bed bugs are not actually a sign of filthy living conditions
- A bed bug can go for months at a time without feeding
- A single bed bug can lay up to 500 eggs during its lifespan
- They can consume up to seven times their body weight in blood in a single feeding
- Apartments and single family homes are among the top places where professionals have reported finding bed bugs
Stats on Bed Bugs
To get a better understanding of bed bugs as a pest, and the scope of the bed bug problem, here are a few stats about these pests, their prevalence and the experience in the pest control industry.
- One out of every five Americans has either had an infestation or they know someone who has
- Over 99% of all pest control companies say that they have had to deal with bed bugs at least one time in the last year
- Of people that say that they have known someone with a bed bug infestation, 40% of them said that they avoided entering the home
- 37% of people erroneously believe that bed bugs are more attracted to homes that are dirty
- Close to 50% of Americans believe the misconception that bed bugs transmit disease when they bite
Fischer Environmental Inspection and Treatment
Fischer environmental has developed one of the leading bed bug detection systems in the industry and we can help to find and remove even the toughest of infestations. Our system can work in a variety of settings and we are ready to provide one of the industry’s most effective services to any client in need in our area.
To start the bed bug treatment, we begin by performing a full and thorough inspection of the structure. We know all of the potential hiding spots where bed bugs may live and we have specialized equipment that can help us to detect their presence-even in places where they cannot be seen!
After a full inspection, we then build a plan to address the situation and remove all of the bed bugs from the premises. We use some of the most advanced equipment and treatment applications to offer one of the best bed bug removal services in the country.
If you think that your home may have a bed bug infestation, contact the team at Fischer Environmental today. We are the bed bug removal experts in the Mississippi and Louisiana region. Give us a call for a phone consultation or to learn more about how we can help with your bed bug problem.