Black Widow Control Methods/Tips
- Areas that are conductive to spider activity e.g., dark protected areas that attract insect prey, should be identified.
- Clutter and debris inside structures and scrap lumber, woodpiles, rocks, and other protective outside materials should be removed.
- A vacuum cleaner should be used in order to remove spiders, webs. And eggs sacs; the bug should then be sealed immediately and discarded.
- Outside lighting that attracts insects to the structure should be changed.
- Pesticides can be applied as residual sprays or dusts with special emphasis on application into potential or known harborage areas.
- Non residual aerosols, mists, and ULVs that contain a pyrethroid insecticide can be used to kill exposed spiders.
- Dusting spider webs and leaving them undisturbed for several days is also a strategy.
- Pesticides are the most effective way of killing the spiders food, insects, rather than killing the spiders.
Filed in: Slidell spider control