8 Tips to Prevent Cockroaches
Roaches are one of the most common pest problems in the South and nationwide. These pests are infamous for their adaptable nature, giving them the ability to survive (and thrive!) in a number of environments. An infestation can be a big nuisance for home and business owners alike, making it important to know how to make your property less attractive to roaches in the first place. Presto-X is here with their top tips to prevent cockroaches in your SE Louisiana or Mississippi home!
Top Roach Prevention Tips
Cockroaches are attracted to dark, musty areas. They also can adapt at will to survive in their given environment. As excellent hiders, it’s important to know how you can seal off your property to roaches in the first place. Here’s how:
- Keep a clean kitchen. Roaches will gladly feast on food crumbs and spillage in your kitchen. Clean up after mealtimes to keep them away.
- Fix leaky pipes and avoid excess moisture. Attracted to moisture, cockroaches will assemble in damp areas created by plumbing problems in the home.
- Seal cracks and crevices. Roaches can squeeze inside through small holes. Use caulk to seal cracks and holes that permit entry into your property.
- Eliminate their food sources. Keep all of your food stored in airtight sealed containers to limit food sources to roach populations.
- Pick up pet food from the floor. If you tend to leave out pet food 24/7, you should think twice. Pet food is a common contributor to pest and roach problems.
- Declutter your property. Roaches will gladly hide in dark, damp corners of your property. Avoid clutter and regularly clean your surroundings.
- Be wary of cardboard boxes. Cockroaches are known to live in and breed in cardboard boxes. Be cautious when moving them and consider using plastic tubs for storage instead.
- Take out garbage regularly. Don’t let cockroaches ravage your trash: make sure to take it out regularly and secure it in a bin with a tight-fitting lid.
When to Get Professional Roach Prevention
Roaches are infamous for their survival skills. Unfortunately, seeing even one in your home or business is indicative of a bigger problem. To avoid the discovery of an infestation, regular visits and treatments from a professional pest control expert such as Presto-X is the best option. Contact our cockroach exterminators today to learn how we can help keep you roach-free all year long!
8 Tips to Prevent Cockroaches In Louisiana & Mississippi
Serving all of SE Louisiana and Mississippi