Are You Prepared for Springtime Pests?
Most people welcome springtime and the warmer weather it brings. Unfortunately, with the spring comes pest problems galore, especially here in Louisiana and Mississippi. Many pests that weren’t as active in the winter months come back to life in the springtime. To avoid an infestation this spring, summer, or even in the fall, now is the time to safeguard your home against them! Keep reading for expert tips on springtime pests from the experts at Presto-X, formerly Fischer.
Common Springtime Pest Problems
While many of these pests are active year-round, they are especially troublesome in the spring. Pests are motivated by warming temperatures to breed, and your home is likely the perfect place for them to do so! The most common pests property owners deal with this time of year are:
Cleaning Tips to Avoid Pests this Spring
Many people already have spring cleaning plans in place, so why not add pest prevention measures into the mix? There are several ways you can lessen the chance of getting a pest problem, mostly to do with making sure your home is clean and tidy. Our spring cleaning tips for preventing pests include:
- Thoroughly clean your windows and doors. Seal any cracks or crevices.
- Deep-clean your carpets and rugs. Vacuum, shampoo, or even steam-clean the surface.
- Sanitize and clean your kitchen with a focus on your appliances. Crumbs and spilled liquids will welcome all sorts of bugs and pests.
- Remove debris from your yard, and trim any shrubs or tree branches away from your home. Clear out your gutters and downspouts.
- Check on plumbing and pipes. Quickly address any leaks or blockages.
- Keep a tidy home at all times. Clean under furniture, wipe down surfaces, and inspect areas of your home that need some fixing up.
Spring Pest Infestations—What Now?
Sometimes pests can still infest your property despite your best efforts to stop them. If you’re dealing with pest problems in your home or business, the exterminators at Presto-X can help! Our team will work with you to develop a pest control plan designed to keep you pest free in the spring, summer, fall, and winter!
Are You Prepared for Springtime Pests? In Louisiana & Mississippi
Serving all of SE Louisiana and Mississippi