Best Ant Prevention Tips
Ants are one of the most dreaded pests across the nation. Here in SE Louisiana and Missisippi, ants can seem like a neverending problem for homeowners all year long. But they don’t have to be! Now is the time to learn how to ant-proof your home. As the weather gets warmer, ants are going to come out in full force, and make their way into your home. Because ants are so tricky to get rid of, it’s best to learn how to stop them from getting indoors in the first place. The team at Presto-X “formerly Fischer” is here to provide you with the best ant prevention tips to keep them outside in the coming months.
Long-Term Ant Prevention Tips
Keeping ants out requires being diligent when it comes to making sure your home is not appealing for them. Some of the best ant prevention tips you can use to lessen the risk of ant infestations are as follows.
- Inspect the foundation of your home and seal any cracks or crevices using a silicone-based caulk.
- Keep any pet food bowls clean and always clean up after messes and spills. Pick pet bowls up off the floor after meal times.
- Make sure downspouts and gutters are all functioning properly so that water is flowing away from the foundation.
- Regularly check under sinks for excess moisture problems and repair leaky pipes promptly.
- Wipe down any countertops and sweep floors regularly to clean up spills and remove crumbs.
- Keep all food (pet food included) sealed in airtight containers in a warm, dry place.
What Not to Do When You Have Ants
Many people rush to a store to stock up on ant baits and traps when they find ants in their home. Although store-bought products and DIY ant control methods may work for a short amount of time, they will never work to keep ants for good. It’s very likely that the size of the colony (or colonies) is much larger than you anticipate. Store-bought products rarely get to the root of the ant problem, leaving you vulnerable to infestations in the future.
Help With Your Ant Problem
If you’ve done everything you can to prevent ants but still have an infestation forming, it’s time to call your local ant exterminator. At Presto-X, our experts know how frustrating ants are. We will work with you to combat your current ant problem and ensure you’re protected from future ones, as well.
Best Ant Prevention Tips In Louisiana & Mississippi
Serving all of SE Louisiana and Mississippi