Seasonal Pests to Look Out For
Louisiana and Mississippi are known for their warm, humid climate. Unfortunately, this climate is highly attractive to pests. Pest infestations are common for home and business owners in the area all year long. We all know that summertime means more mosquitoes and wasps, but what pests are common in the fall, spring, and winter months? The NPMA has released information for seasonal pest problems to expect in the coming year. Here at Presto-X, our team is dedicated to providing our customers with all they need to know to better prepare themselves for the possibility of a pest infestation any time of year. Read on to learn more!
What Pests to Look For This Fall & Winter
In the fall and winter months, pests are going to be looking for an escape from the colder weather outdoors. The perfect shelter is often right inside your home. With warm and drier conditions predicted in the coming months, ants and roaches may be more active than usual this time of year. With their need for water in order to survive, these two insects in particular will crawl into your home to seek out moisture. There are other pests to keep your eye out for in the fall and winter, including house mice, flies, silverfish, and more.
Spring & Summer Pests in SE Louisiana
Warmer weather in the spring and summer brings about all types of pests. With our warm, moist environment, Louisiana can be a haven for pests this time of year. The most common pests we deal with include:
- Stinging Insects. Wasps, bees, and hornets are very active this time of the year. They can build nests near residential areas.
- Cockroaches. Heat, moisture, and humidity in the summer months brings about roach activity, especially in more urban areas.
- Ants. Certain ant species will forage for food in the warmer months. Rainy weather also drives ants out of their colonies and into homes for shelter.
- Termites. Our climate is ideal for termites, who swarm in the spring and are at full force in the summertime. Subterranean termites are especially dangerous this time of year.
- Mosquitoes. With the amount of rainfall we get, mosquitoes love warmer temperatures in the spring.
How to Prevent Seasonal Pests
The fact of the matter is that we are prone to pest problems all year long. If they aren’t out and about outdoors, they could be looking to get inside your home! To keep all seasonal pests away from your property, it’s best to work with a professional pest control company who can protect you all year long. To learn more, call our experts today.
Seasonal Pests to Look Out For In Louisiana & Mississippi
Serving all of SE Louisiana and Mississippi