How to Keep Cockroaches Out of Your Home
Serving Louisiana & Mississippi
Do you have a cockroach problem? Or are you freaked out by the very thought of a roach infestation? If you’ve seen one cockroach scuttling across your kitchen floor, you already have an invasion on your hands. Where there is one, there are more (a lot more), but before you run to the store for roach motels or sprays, you might want to do a few things to make sure that your house is as unattractive to cockroaches as possible.
Even with bug spray and roach motels, if your house offers them places to hide and food to eat, cockroaches are still going to find a way to make your home their own. Cleaning and proper food storage are absolutely essential to keeping your home roach-free.
Preventing Cockroaches in the Home
In order to keep cockroaches away from your home, it’s necessary to implement proper preventative measures that work to make your home less attractive for them. Cleaning and proper food storage are absolutely essential to keeping your home roach-free. Some of the ways you can prevent cockroaches include:
- Eliminate their food sources.
- Roaches are attracted to fruits, vegetables, crumbs, and garbage. Make sure to keep food in sealed contained, garbage tightly sealed.
- Pet food is one of the biggest roach attractions. Make sure to keep all pet food stored with tight-fitting lids and try not to leave pet food out all day.
- Properly and thoroughly clean up your space.
- If you’ve made a mess cooking or eating with your family, it’s important to be prompt to sweep, mop, or clean anything that has fallen onto the ground.
- Make sure that you wash your dishes or get them in the dishwasher immediately after you eat. Leaving dirty dishes out is another cockroach invitation.
- Eliminate their shelters and hiding spots.
- Spend time cleaning up cluttered piles of newspapers and any other potential roach habitats.
- Get rid of any cardboard boxes or old grocery bags. Any warm, dark place is attractive to roaches.
- Apply treatments to repel roaches.
- Boric acid and roach traps help with getting rid of a cockroach infestation, but prevention is the best policy. Remember that over-the-counter treatments can be filled with harmful chemicals.
- Roaches are repelled by the acidity of coffee grounds, which are sometimes used as a DIY prevention method when spread around the foundation of your home.
FAST Response Time! Calls Answered 24/7!
Ready for your free quote? Click below and get a response in 4 hours or less!
Dealing With a Cockroach Infestation
If preventative methods did nothing to stop cockroaches from making their way inside your home, it’s time to call in professional help. DIY spraying methods for cockroach control are basically useless, and will just drive the cockroaches into another area of your home. At Presto-X, formerly Fischer Environmental, we have the resources and knowledge needed to not only eliminate active cockroaches, but to make sure they never return again. To learn more about our cockroach control services, call us today!
How to Keep Cockroaches Out of Your Home In Louisiana & Mississippi
Serving all of SE Louisiana and Mississippi