What are the Benefits of Thermal Pest Control?
Serving Louisiana & Mississippi
Did you know that there are safe and effective alternatives to chemical pest control? Thermal Pest Control is one such alternative. As a process, it involves either increasing or lowering temperatures to levels that are lethal to pests.
How does Thermal Pest Control work?
First, professional pest control experts use a thermal heat process and tarpaulins to increase or decrease the temperature of a targeted area, depending on which technique it is. Special thermal blankets are draped over items that may be damaged during this process, like pianos, electronics, and vinyl windows.
Probes are then placed into the wood’s core at various points in the targeted space to measure the temperature of the areas being treated. Specialized air heaters and ducting then pump hot or cold air into the area. These temperatures are continually monitored to ensure that the optimum condition is maintained.
For a heat treatment, the air is usually heated up to 160 degrees for four to six hours, or at least until the core temperature of the biggest wood beams are at least 130 degrees for an hour. Once this process is completed, the tarps, probes, and ducting are removed from the home or business, and a final inspection is made of the premises.
Most major pests can be eliminated through thermal pest control, such as termites, bed bugs, dust mites, rodents, cockroaches, and powderpost beetles. It’s especially important to eliminate wood-destroying pests as soon as possible, as they can cause significant structural damage and pose a danger to your home and family.
FAST Response Time! Calls Answered 24/7!
Ready for your free quote? Click below and get a response in 4 hours or less!
Five major benefits of Thermal Pest Control
- Safer: Without the use of any harsh chemicals or pesticides, there will be no chance of your family or occupants experiencing any side effects. Chemical treatment remnants can often be left in the home, especially if the treatment isn’t carried out by a certified professional. Because there are no chemicals in a thermal treatment, you can have peace of mind, knowing that you can return to your pest-free house and live in it safely.
- More effective: Thermal treatments can get to the hard-to-reach places that chemical treatments often miss. All it requires is the right temperature to be maintained for a certain period of time, which can effectively eliminate all stages of the life cycle of a pest. As a result, there will be less of a chance of needing a repeat treatment, and a higher likelihood of being pest-free for good.
- Works quicker: If you opt for a chemical treatment, you may have to vacate the premises for at least three days or more. This could mean that you and your family will have to make alternative living arrangements, at a hotel or at a friend’s home. With thermal treatment, you can return to your home on the same evening that the process takes place. This makes the process less time-consuming and more convenient for homeowners.
- Less preparation: There are fewer steps involved in getting the home ready for thermal pest control, because there will be no need to bag and seal off objects in your home to prevent them from damage. While there are still steps to take to protect your home, it is far less extensive and thus a lot more convenient.
- Eco-friendly: As thermal treatment is completely ecologically-friendly and environmentally responsible, it’s the safer choice for everyone involved. There will be no need to worry about any chemicals or pesticide residue in your home or the environment. Plus, chemical treatments usually require repeated sessions, which means more chemicals will be released into the air.With all these benefits, it may be the ideal pest control solution you’re looking for. Contact us today to find out more about Thermal Pest Control.
Thermal Pest Control In Louisiana & Mississippi
Serving all of SE Louisiana and Mississippi