The USDA Awards $33 Million for Pest Management Research
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) awarded more than $33 million to support research and extension activities addressing pest management issues that have human health, environmental and economic consequences across the nation. The awards were made by USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA).
Fiscal year 2012 pest management awards were funded through 10 programs:
• Regional Integrated Pest Management Centers
• Regional Integrated Pest Management Grants Program
• Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP)
• Pest Management Alternatives Program
• National Plant Diagnostic Network
• Methyl Bromide Transitions
• Minor Crop Pest Management (IR-4)
• Expert IPM Decision Support System
• Extension Integrated Pest Management Coordination and Support Program
• Promoting Integrated Pest Management in Affordable Housing
Click here for a complete list of individual awards.