Prevent Wildlife from Entering Your Home
Serving Louisiana & Mississippi
Whether you have bats in your attic, skunks nesting under your porch, or some other type of wild animal trying to make your house its new home, let Fischer Environmental help you with some tips to deter these animals from taking up residence.
Preventing Wildlife in Your Home
- Prevent animals in the attic: Any mammal or bird may try to get into your attic during the colder months, but the most likely culprits would be birds, bats, squirrels, and raccoons. It’s best to screening over any vents, louvers, or other openings. You can also use caulk to fill in smaller cracks.
- Cover dryer vents: Dryer vents are warm and appealing, especially to chipmunks, squirrels, or small birds. The best solution is to cover the opening of a dryer vent with a piece of wire mesh cloth or screening to keep these animals out.
- Chimney protection: A chimney provides the perfect opportunity for nesting and it can attract raccoons, birds, bats, and squirrels. Birds are often the unfortunate victims of nesting in chimneys because they can easily get in but most often cannot get out. Inexpensive screens, hardware netting, and chimney caps can all be used to protect your chimney.
- Protect your porch: The space beneath porches and decks is a perfect spot for many animals to make a new home. Using mesh, wood, or hardware cloth can keep animals out.
- Cover overhangs and gutters: If the overhangs of a home are open, it can be a great place for birds, squirrels, and raccoons to take refuge. Make sure to cut back any tree branches near the home and consider investing in enclosed gutters.
- Keep a tidy yard: Make sure to keep garbage sealed, and clean up any leaf piles and debris to avoid attracting wildlife in your yard.
FAST Response Time! Calls Answered 24/7!
Ready for your free quote? Click below and get a response in 4 hours or less!
Professional Wildlife Prevention Services
Following the above-mentioned tips will go a long way in helping a homeowner in keeping wildlife from taking up residence at their home during cold weather. By taking these steps, a homeowner can avoid unsafe encounters with wildlife and it will protect the home at the same time.
If you experience any animals trying to make your home their winter residence, the professionals at Fischer Environmental will remove them quickly and safely.
Prevent Wildlife from Entering Your Home In Louisiana & Mississippi
Serving all of SE Louisiana and Mississippi