5 Ways to Keep Summertime Ants Away
Ants are a common pest problem all year long in Louisiana, but they tend to show up more and more often in the summertime. As the number one nuisance pest in the United States, it’s important to learn what you can do to keep ants away from your home. Once these pests get inside, they can quickly wreck havoc inside. It’s difficult to get rid of ants without an exterminator, making it all the more crucial to know how to keep summertime ants away. The team at Presto-X, formerly Fischer Environmental has the experience needed to get rid of ants and wants to share their expert prevention tips — read on to learn more!
What Ants Are You Dealing With?
There are more than 700 species of ants in the United States alone. Typically, you’ll only encounter a few in your lifetime. It’s important to learn about the common ants in your area in order to be better prepared for an infestation. Certain ants are more dangerous or destructive than others. The most common ants you’ll see in the summer here in SE Louisiana include:
Keep Summertime Ants Away From Your Home
The last thing you want to deal with during the summer is an ant problem. Once you have them, it’s very difficult–not to mention frustrating–to get rid of them. To avoid them altogether, it’s important to safeguard your property against them! Our top tips for summertime ant prevention include:
- Keeping a clean home. Sweep your floors regularly to get rid of crumbs. Ants are attracted to sugary food sources and a few crumbs will keep them coming back for more.
- Sealing entry points. Ants can crawl through the tiniest of cracks. Inspect your property and use caulk to seal any gaps, holes, or potential entry ways.
- Avoiding excess moisture. Areas with standing water or leaks will attract ants quickly. Attend to broken pipes and clean up spills quickly.
- Trimming back trees and vegetation. Plants close to your home can encourage ants to come in. Make sure tree branches, shrubs, and bushes are trimmed away from the perimeter!
- Picking up your pet’s food. Crumbs and spills from your cat or dog’s food and water bowls can be a huge attractant for ants. Always clean up and store bowls between mealtimes.
How to Get Rid of Ants For Good
Ants aren’t just a problem for homeowners in the summer–they’re a year-long nuisance! If you have done everything you can to keep ants away but still notice them coming indoors, it’s time to call an ant control expert. The team at Presto-X has the experience needed to make sure you never have to deal with ants again.
5 Ways to Keep Summertime Ants Away In Louisiana & Mississippi
Serving all of SE Louisiana and Mississippi