Tips to deal with insect stings
- If one lands on your skin, resist the urge to swat and instead gently blow on it from a distance.
- If stung, remove the stinger, clean the area with soap and cold water and apply ice. Benadryl and hydrocortisone ointment may also help calm the reaction.
- Should you experience symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as tongue and throat swelling, wheezing, dizziness, shortness of breath or drop in blood pressure, call 911.
- If allergic to stinging insects, learn how to use an epinephrine kit and carry it with you at all times.
- If you suspect an infestation or notice a hive or nest on your property, contact a licensed pest professional to safely remove the threat.
Source: National Pest Management Association
Tips to deal with insect stings In Louisiana & Mississippi
Serving all of SE Louisiana and Mississippi